Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Blogmas 2016 - Day Five { Pictures and Memories from Christmas Past }


Growing up in a big family, Christmas time was always the busiest and most fun of all the holidays throughout the year.

I wish I could share some pictures but I have non on my phone and I know all pf our pictures are packed somewhere so please bare with me while I try and bring my memories to life in this post ❤

Every December, the most exciting part for me was putting up the tree with my family because that already meant that Christmas was around the corner. I remember putting decorations up where ever I thought was appropriate and then at the end, my daddy would lift me up and I would put the star up on top and that was the best part! 🌟

On the 24th, we would always go to my dads side of the family and because that was the Portuguese side, there was tons of food set out on the tables and food still being made in the kitchen. Sometimes we could smell the yummy prawns being cooked on the grill with some butter and garlic smeared all over them...talk about mouth watering!

From the moment we walked into the house, my brother and I would find our cousins and sit down and play on the Nintendo 64 or watch christmas movies or play the famous hide-and-seek hehe whatever made the time pass faster!

Leading up to midnight, we would all have already passed out or beginning to, and our parents would call us and we'd all sit around eachother in the living roI'm and once the clock struck 12, everyone would go around giving hugs and kisses and wishing all a Merry Christmas ❤ once that was out of the way, we would sit back down and await our gifts. My dad would always be the one to hand out the gifts and as soon as everyone had their gifts, we'd just enjoy opening them and showing off our new toys or clothes.

The next day (Christmas Day) we would go to my moms side for a yummy lunch and open some gifts there too, was a bit of a smaller crowd, but just as special and memorable. ❤

It is hard being away from so much love and family, ofcourse we have my aunt Sandra, Uncle Curt and the cousins which is just as special, but we all had so much more family around and my Tia would agree ❤

I love Christmas time and I cant wait to spend another year with my wonderful little family of 8❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

The "Three-nager" Stage

Good morning friends!  Hope y'all had a good Monday and start to the week! I was able to get a good nights sleep last night and Eva did ...