Thursday, November 13, 2014

Just Another Thursday : Part 2

Okay so I'm back :D 

Wow I am sitting here with my Tia and I tell you we just don't stop talking about random things LOL I am actually supposed to be doing school and I was so dead set on doing it and keeping to it today, but somehow whenever we are here not much gets done LOL. It's moments like these that I will treasure for a lifetime <3

As we are sitting here in the warm cozy house, it is snowing like crazy outside. It looks so beautiful right now even though it's not completely white yet, I just love watching the snow fall and blow with the wind. 

So this is how we spend our snowy days! ~Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows~
Nothing says a snow day without a nice hot cup of hot chocolate <3

So my birthday is next week Wednesday and I am kind of feeling on and off about it, like I am excited to turn 18 and all and I can start becoming a more responsible woman, but I kind of don't want to grow up and I can see that it is taking its toll on my family too, they clearly don't want this baby to grow up LOL

I think the hardest part for me is not being able to share my 18th with my Bio Odete. She is the most important woman in my life and to be honest the strongest one I know<3 She has been through so much, losing her husband, her mom and her youngest son, the only blood relative she has left is her oldest son and my grandfather Dario. She turned 91 this year in October and it killed me that I couldn't be there to share it with her. I miss her more than words will ever be able to describe and I just wish she could be here with me.

I love my life here in the States, and as I sit here looking out the window I am just so grateful to be here with family that I have not been able to share my life with. Its all so new and different but in a very good way. Not only am I happy that I finally get to be with my family here, I am so thankful that we are all in a safe place. Back in South Africa, you were never safe and that is not the life I choose to live. If it were up to me, all the people I care most about would be here with us right now, but so far my boyfriend is the only one working on that, he just can not take that country anymore and I honestly don't blame him. They have been through so much already and he just can not wait to get out of there, and honestly I can't wait for him to get out of there either. I would love for my family to work on coming here, but it is just so complicated and especially my old relatives, they can't take those long plane rides and I just don't want them to go through that, but I don't want them suffering in that country either. I guess all I can do is look to God and ask that he protects all of them until they are able to make a plan.

Well now that I got all of that off my chest...lets move onto some more good news :D LOL
The house behind us has just put 3 more horses in their corral and I am super excited. They are stunning!! I believe, well I've heard, that the people here in the town go up to the mountains and pick up wild horses to take care of for the winter and once summer comes around again then they set them free again. I would LOVE to do something like that, words can not describe how much I would love to take care of a few horses, but knowing me I would probably hop on their backs and just RIDE! <3

Yeah I'm a crazy one, but whatever...I can't be a grump all my life LOL

I will definitely post pics of the horses as soon as I can. can't wait to show you guys!!

Well that's all for today, I hope you all have a good day further!

God Bless and Keep you always <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The "Three-nager" Stage

Good morning friends!  Hope y'all had a good Monday and start to the week! I was able to get a good nights sleep last night and Eva did ...