Tuesday, January 10, 2017

{...Being a Brand New Military Wife...}

Good Afternoon Blog Family

I hope you are all doing well and keeping warm this winter. It has been insane here in Texas which is a shocker...I don't know if it's because we're here, maybe that's just our luck lol I know in Idaho where my in-laws live it has been snowing like crazy! I'm talking about 3 Ft of snow if not more, the State has actually gone into a state of emergency due to the heavy snow. So where ever you all may be, stay warm and stay safe on the roads out there.

So today's post is going to be about becoming a brand new military wife and what to expect and what not to expect. I know I haven't been married for a month yet, but in the 4 weeks I've been married I have learnt so much and had to deal with a lot so far... some of you might agree with me and some of you might not, but I do know that if there are any military wives that read my blog there might be a few things we can agree on.

::: Getting Over Any Fear or Anxiety :::

I suffer from anxiety/depression, something I have been meaning to sort out and start becoming my old self again. I am also a very shy and quiet person, not one to get out of my box or comfort zone which is not very good, but also not my fault especially being born and raised in South Africa. I have been sheltered my whole life there and I never really got the chance to get out into the world because of the dangers that lurk in my home country. One thing about being a brand new military wife is to suck up the fear and just get things done!! I do not like making phone calls and talking to people because of the fear of sounding stupid, but lately I have had to just get out of my shell and do what needs to be done. It hasn't been easy and it's not looking to get easy anytime soon so might as well just get used to it!

::: No Time for Drama :::

Steven and I are amazing together, but we are also the worst at getting along haha we fight about everything and anything no matter how big or small. Now in the beginning of it all with him trying to figure out our lives there and me trying to figure our lives out here, there has been some tension and fighting due to the frustration and willingness to get things done. I hate fighting with him and especially when we're apart because it just makes the distance that much harder to deal with, so we try to cut back on the drama and just try to go about doing things in a calm, loveable fashion LOL if that makes any sense at all.


::: Learning That it's Not About You Anymore :::

It's been so hard to remember that I am not alone anymore and that what I do does effect my husband. It's a very weird feeling, but at the same time I love it. It's also hard knowing that if I do something wrong or stupid, it will show up on his name too.


These are just a few things, and I'm pretty sure it will add on as the years go by and I will make sure to keep you all updated on the new things I've learned and had to overcome being a military wife.

Well that it for this post, I hope you all have an amazing day further <3

God Bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. keep talking to your parents and aunt, especially when you have problems..they can guide you..iam sorry its tense there for you..
    if youre in cali, its expensive, hope things get better soon..

    ReplyDelete

The "Three-nager" Stage

Good morning friends!  Hope y'all had a good Monday and start to the week! I was able to get a good nights sleep last night and Eva did ...